My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.verabee.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 06, 2011

It is almost time

Anya's Ghost comes out tomorrow! Holy crap! Maybe I am writing this blog prematurely but who cares. I am pretty excited. I started working on it in the evenings back in 2007 while I was on Coraline and kept working on it through a good chunk of my time on Paranorman. Then I waited a year for the publishing machine to do its thing. And after tomorrow it's going to be out there for people to read in probably about 30 minutes. I hope they're an enjoyable 30 minutes, if you decide to pick it up (and I hope you do!). I tried to make the best story I could with the resources I had available.

Thing coming up: I am going to be at Floating World Comics this Wednesday evening to sign copies of the book and hang out and feed you my home-made caramels. If you're local to Portland please stop by, it'll be great to see you!

Floating World Comics
20 NW 5th Ave #101
Portland, OR 97209
June 8th 6-9pm

Other things: I am working on a behind-the-scenes blog post about my weird comic-making process! I am going to have a new website soon! I am going to be at San Diego Comic-Con! I'm going to eat lunch! Oh boy.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Aww, I wish we were still in Portland, Floating World's our favorite :-) Congratulations!! I can't wait to see the finished product, I'll have to look out at the shops around here.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Amy Kim Kibuishi said...

This is so exciting! :D

2:40 PM  
Blogger Kt Shy said...

"Anya's Ghost" is fabulous and EVERYONE SHOULD BUY IT!!!

2:43 PM  
Blogger lightning bulb (aka ngvrnd) said...

I think your artwork is fantastic and I'll definitely be buying a copy, and telling all my friends to buy one too! If you ever come through Boston to do signings, let us know!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Todd said...

I pre-ordered Anya's Ghost months ago for a friend based firstly on the recommendations from Neil Gaiman and Scott McCloud (which got me to look at it), secondly on the great-looking art, and thirdly on the fact that it's about a Russian girl who grew up in America — just like my friend. She moved to the U.S. from Minsk with her family when she was 11. Am I right in assuming you have a similar background?

I got an email today saying the book has shipped! Congratulations on the release. I'm looking forward to either picking up my own copy or borrowing hers sometime.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Yay! I work in receiving at a Barnes & Noble and got 2 in on Friday. It made my day when I opened that box. Now there is only one in the store :)I did read it in about 30 minutes, but it was a great 30 minutes! Thanks for writing and drawing, you make amazing things for us to enjoy.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, wow!!! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to check it out, I'll tell all of my friends!

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Mike said...

I already bought it! Thanks for the great book!

6:13 PM  
Blogger John Aardema said...

I am buying this book tomorrow. Thanks for all your inspiration.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Georgiana said...

I got my copy today. I have a few ahead of it but I'm very much looking forward to it.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

I sent you an email about this already, but this is a fantastic book and it made my night at work to read it. Definitely getting my highest recommendations to my friends to buy it.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Stu Livingston said...

A coworker got the hardcover preordered to the office...I was jealous, but soon SOON!...

1:32 AM  
Blogger Renee Kurilla said...

So excited! I've had your book on pre-order for about 4 months! Congrats :)

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm definitely getting this! Hope it does not take too long to get to Brazil ;]

2:18 PM  
Blogger froggie is... said...

and i'll just bet my-pre ordered 30 minutes will be very very well spent.

...although i won't get to try the caramels. frak. :-(

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home