My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.verabee.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

stinky.

Is that... is that... yeah, I did a drawing. Just a little quick one, as thanks for somebody who gifted me some perfume I was looking for. So no, that is not nail polish she is painting onto her chest. Sheesh.



I decided my deal is, if I post some kind of art here I also get to post a mysterious panel from the comic. What secrets does that word bubble contain? No one will ever know.

In conjunction with comic stuff and to keep me from going crazy I am dipping my toe into making a sculpt of said comic's protagonist. So far I am finding that it is very very hard and very very educational. (I am getting lots of help from the very patient sculptor at work.) I kind of wish I'd done this before I started drawing because it would be soooo good for keeping things on model. It's a bit terrifying trying to decode my flat, cheat-laden drawings into 3D. We'll see how much further I get before I give up in frustration.

8 Comments:

Blogger San Smith said...

I *love* your illustration style, so I'm pretty excited to see how your character sculpture turns out. I've always been rotten at 3-d, so to see that the head is already looking good makes me think it'll be pretty rad when done :)

3:56 AM  
Blogger damon said...

nice

3:41 PM  
Blogger Jmontiel said...

wonderful!!!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the first illustration, this is great!

9:30 AM  
Blogger aintshakespeare said...

That's a great idea.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there, I just discovered your blog from a link on Nick Sung's. Great stuff! Every drawing has a sense of story behind it.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Alex Karassavidis said...

Hey! I used to be a fan of Return to Sender when I was in High School. Then I followed the Flight anthology for awhile also before I lost track after like volume 3. (Coincidence that you were actually a part of that too, actually) I went back to look at the Return to Sender page just for the hell of it and saw that you had a blogspot also, so there you go! Bottom line, I still like your drawings.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it.Keep it up.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home