My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.verabee.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 18, 2006

paintings for people.


This is a drawing for the excellent Kip Manley, who had a birthday. It's his characters from his series City of Roses, done in my most unimaginative rpg style, but apparently Roland is dead on so it's okay.


And this is a painting I forgot to post here that I did for Chris Appelhans, who went away.

There will be another drawing for a person tomorrow, and maybe someday I'll draw for myself. I'm working on the Flight comic still!

9 Comments:

Blogger Bernard Joaquin said...

Hey Vera

that 2nd painting looks nice...one of the kids look like you and jon...I don't know maybe I'm just seeing things

when is the flight comic coming out?

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, you know what? that second painting reminds me a whole lot of something out of a richardscary book ^_^. but as always, your exceeding talent is awesome...it must be magic. yes that it, vera is made of magic, and the rest of the world's artists arent :)

8:17 AM  
Blogger Andrew Scheglov said...

the first picture is so preeeeety!

9:54 AM  
Blogger LFW said...

Damn, this is pretty stylin' I wish I could draw with such economy of the line like that alla time.

So, like with the watercolours, do you lay them down first then put down the line ink? I think you definitely need to be givin' us some kinda headz-up on tha process

cheers to you

your fan

-LFW

4:01 PM  
Blogger verabee said...

Bernard - I think this summer? Maybe? Flightcomics.com will know!

LFW - I pencil, then ink, then paint. Nothin' new!

4:05 PM  
Blogger tom said...

The second one is SO AWESOME! Do you work at Laika as a story artist or different studio?

8:29 AM  
Blogger verabee said...

Tom - Yep., Laika!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Chris Dacol said...

Fanflavorus SpendiculaR awesmentulous!

COOl! ^_____^

6:54 AM  
Blogger DiegoFer said...

Aw man, this is too good! looking at your blog always cheers me up and gives me a little hope to get better with my art some day.... Keep up these great drawings please!

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home